The Union of Journalists of the Syrian Arab Republic was established in 1974.
The Union’s associates are registered in three tables：Schedule of participating journalists，Schedule of interns and Schedule of working journalists.
The Union of Journalists in Syria is working to:
– Supporting the freedom of media work and defending journalists.
– Holding talks and concluding cooperation agreements with local Arab and international press organizations.
– Providing social and health assistance and support and providing financial compensation to journalists at the end of their service and pension..
– Facilitate the work of Arab and foreign journalists to carry out their journalistic duties in Syria..
– Cooperating with regional and international journalists organizations to serve the development of the profession.